Filing for an Elkhorn bankruptcy can be a tedious task. Although you can file for bankruptcy yourself, it may not be best to go it alone. The following are ten reasons why it is best to hire an Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer to handle your bankruptcy case.
Why You Need an Elkhorn Bankruptcy Lawyer
1. You don’t know the complicated bankruptcy laws. Bankruptcy laws are extremely complex. An Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer will be familiar with current bankruptcy laws, courtroom procedures, the bankruptcy filing process, and bankruptcy filing timeframes.
2. You don’t know which bankruptcy option you qualify for or which option is best for your situation. An experienced Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer who is familiar with the bankruptcy rules will know which bankruptcy options you qualify for. Some may be inappropriate or even illegal for your situation. Once you know which bankruptcy options you qualify for, an experienced Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer will know which options, including non-bankruptcy options, are best for your current financial situation.
3. You don’t want to lose your vehicle or home. Incorrectly listing assets you want to keep could cost you not only your bankruptcy discharge, but the assets as well. An Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer knows how to correctly list assets on your bankruptcy petition; those items you wish to keep and those you do not.
4. You want creditors to stop calling you. Once you hire an Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer, harassing phone calls from creditors will stop. It is actually a violation of bankruptcy rules if creditors do not stop calling you once you have hired an Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer.
5. You want to be free of as much debt as possible. An Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer will know what debts will be eliminated under each type of bankruptcy. Filing the wrong bankruptcy can cause you to keep debt that could have been eliminated and discharged in bankruptcy.
6. One little mistake could cost you everything. Filing incorrectly could lead to the bankruptcy trustee throwing out your case and you may not be able to file for any type of bankruptcy in the near future. It’s just not worth the risk. Hiring a qualified Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer will avoid any potential damage to your bankruptcy case and finances.
7. You don’t want to end up in the slammer. Committing fraud in a bankruptcy case could land you behind bars. Do you know the bankruptcy rules well enough to avoid this serious situation? Did you list assets correctly? Will you be receiving a large sum of money? Are you filing bankruptcy at the right time? Did you sign a vehicle over to a relative? Is anyone holding money or assets for you? You cannot hide any monies or assets from the bankruptcy trustee, even those you haven’t received yet. An Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer will help you with the correct time to file your petition and the correct, honest way to list your monies and assets in order to avoid any problems with your bankruptcy case.
8. You don’t know how to respond. When communications start developing between the court, your creditors, and trustees, you won’t know how to respond without negatively affecting your bankruptcy discharge. You also won’t know how to protect yourself. For instance, some debts may be beyond the statute of limitations for collections. An Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer will know this and will save you money.
9. Bankruptcy lawyers know the trustee. An Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer has filed for bankruptcy on behalf of couples and individuals numerous times. They not only know the ins and outs of bankruptcy law, but they are also familiar with bankruptcy courtroom etiquette and the bankruptcy trustee. When the trustee asks for additional information or details, your Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer will be in court with you and will know exactly where the information is located. An experienced bankruptcy lawyer will know ahead of time what type of additional information and/or questions the trustee may ask of you.
10. You want this over as quick and painless as possible. If you want to stop stressing about bankruptcy and save countless hours trying to figure out how to complete bankruptcy petitions, then hire an Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer. Peace of mind goes a long way. You won’t have to worry about mistakes, losing your assets, or your court appearance. Your Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer will advise you as to what will happen ahead of time, complete your paperwork correctly, and sit by your side in court.
Contact An Elkhorn Bankruptcy Lawyer
Filing an Elkhorn bankruptcy is an intricate legal process. You can greatly benefit from the expertise and experience of a qualified Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer. If you have questions regarding bankruptcy, contact our Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer to schedule a free, initial consultation. You can reach Wynn at Law, LLC at 262-725-0175 or via our Elkhorn bankruptcy lawyer contact page.
*The content and material on this web page is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.
Photo by Flickr Creative Commons Oleh Slobodeniuk