Estate Planning Lawyer
Everyone should consider having a competent lawyer assist them in drafting estate planning documents. Wills are an important tool that you can use to ensure your loved ones are taken care of in the future. We have drafted wills and trusts for single clients, couples, and couples with children.
Our knowledge in the rapidly changing area of estate law is accurate and up-to-date. Through our up-to-the-minute understanding of estate planning laws, we can make sure you and your loved ones are protected.
We can help you through several different aspects of estate planning, including:
- Wills: A document that spells out your wishes regarding who gets what property or money following your death. A well-drafted will can prevent disputes in probate.
- Trusts: These are protective documents established for minors or others who are unable to make sound financial decisions. Revocable trusts can be changed at any time. Irrevocable trusts can be used, in some instances, to avoid estate taxes, and are not modifiable once drafted.
- Financial power of attorney: These documents are drafted to give another individual the power to make financial decisions on your behalf if you are unable to attend the transaction or have become incapacitated.
- Health care power of attorney: This power of attorney gives an individual the power to make medical decisions for you if you become incapacitated. These decisions can include facets of institutional admissions, life support or surgery.
- Marital property agreements: These can be complicated and unromantic, but drafting a marital property agreement at the outset of a marriage goes a long way in preventing disputes in the future.
- Transfer on death deeds: These deeds are created as a method of avoiding probate by designating property to be given to a beneficiary as an immediate post-mortem transfer.
- HIPAA waivers: The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act was created to make transferring health care information from one insurer or provider to the next much easier.
Confidentiality Is a Priority for a Wills and Trusts Lawyer
Drafting a will can be a complicated process. It is common for parents to want to give different children different amounts of money or assets in a will. We are sensitive to the delicate nature of your will, and you can count on our professionalism and confidentiality in this matter. In drafting your will, we are working on your behalf. It is not our place to judge your wishes. It is our job to make sure your wishes are carried out.
As a Wills and Trusts Lawyer, we provide legal advice and representation to residents of Lake Geneva, Delavan, Kenosha, and communities throughout Southeastern Wisconsin. If you have questions regarding estate planning, contact Wynn at Law.