Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer
There are certain risks and pitfalls you might get caught up in if you try to complete the Chapter 13 Bankruptcy filing on your own. It’s a good idea to have a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy lawyer guide you through the Chapter 13 Bankruptcy process.
At Wynn at Law, we can work with you to prepare and file your Chapter 13 Bankruptcy documents. We will work to make sure you are treated fairly throughout the Chapter 13 Bankruptcy process. We can help make the process run smoothly and quickly.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer Explains the Facts
There are some facts about Chapter 13 Bankruptcy that we feel our clients should understand, including:
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a debt repayment plan.
- The repayment amount is determined by your income.
- Any unsecured debt that remains after the completion of the repayment period will be automatically discharged.
- A Chapter 13 Bankruptcy filing might potentially stop a foreclosure.
After filing for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, clients are able to keep all of their assets they have previously acquired. It is important to contact a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy lawyer as soon as you realize bankruptcy might be a solution to your financial troubles. We will be able to advise you on options and consequences, and we will begin the filing procedure so you can begin rebuilding your financial stability.
Common Misconceptions About Bankruptcy
Too often, information is passed along by ‘word of mouth’ and it is difficult to get the correct answers to your questions. We recognize that people have many misconceptions regarding bankruptcy and the filing process. Here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Bankruptcy filings are not put in the newspaper or publicized.
- You can file for bankruptcy alone — your spouse does not have to file with you.
- Bankruptcy is less expensive than all the fees and late payment charges you will incur if you do not pay off your debt.
- Most people do not lose their car or home.
If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to call us or come in to the office for a consultation.
Contact Wynn at Law for a Free Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Consultation
We provide legal advice and representation to residents throughout Southeastern Wisconsin. If you have questions regarding Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, contact Wynn at Law by e-mail or call 262-725-0175. Our offices are located in Lake Geneva, WI, Delavan, WI and Kenosha, WI.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
If bankruptcy is not the right option, we also negotiate with creditors on our client’s behalf. We often receive a reduction in the amount owed.