With all the bankruptcy firms available in the Kenosha, Wisconsin area, how do you know which bankruptcy firm is the best one for you? You do not want to regret hiring the wrong Kenosha bankruptcy attorney. The wrong Kenosha bankruptcy attorney could cost you the bankruptcy approval you desperately need from the bankruptcy trustee. You need to do your homework before signing any dotted lines.
Here are five tips to help you find the best Kenosha Bankruptcy Attorney
1. Find a Bankruptcy Attorney. By this we mean finding a Kenosha bankruptcy attorney who only practices in the area of bankruptcy, and a few other similar cases. Many law firms who specialize in personal injury, worker’s compensation, and other legal areas are also handling bankruptcy cases. It’s hard to be an expert in everything, not to mention keeping up with the ever changing bankruptcy law. For this reason, it is wise to avoid law firms that advertise too many practice areas. Bankruptcy should constitute the largest percentage of the Kenosha law firm’s practice. Find out how many Kenosha bankruptcies the attorney has filed. Also, when you schedule your free initial consultation, make certain you will be consulting with a Kenosha bankruptcy attorney and not a paralegal or sales associate for the law firm. Your financial advice should come from a licensed bankruptcy attorney.
2. Small Bankruptcy Law Firms are a Better Bet. Not to say that all large law firms cannot handle bankruptcy cases well, but many are handling bankruptcy cases solely for the fast turnaround. This ugly practice is known as a “bankruptcy mill”. The law firm files a large number of cases for minimal fees. Your bankruptcy case gets little attention, at most. One of the major problems with this type of operation is that all bankruptcy cases are being treated the same. Any attorney who truly specializes in bankruptcy can tell you that no two bankruptcies are the same. Your financial situation is unique to you and should be treated as such. Also, much of the work performed at these “bankruptcy mills” is being completed by personnel without law degrees. Find out exactly who will be handling your Kenosha bankruptcy case. Make sure it is a Kenosha bankruptcy attorney.
3. Learn About Hidden Fees. Make sure you ask how much your bankruptcy will cost up front. There are many bankruptcy law firms that get you in their office by offering a bargain price. You are in financial stress and we understand your eagerness to save money on your bankruptcy case. The problem is the hidden fees. The price they get you in the door at is not the same price out the door. Once all the additional fees are added, the price to use these discount bankruptcy firms ends up way more expensive than most other bankruptcy firms. Also, find out what exactly you are getting for your money. Some bankruptcy attorneys do not even come to court with you.
4. Find a Match. Attend a free consultation. Ask questions. See if you “click” with the Kenosha bankruptcy attorney. Do you feel you can trust the attorney? Were all of your bankruptcy questions answered? Were you rushed out of the bankruptcy law office? Did the Kenosha bankruptcy attorney take the time to explain solutions and processes with you? Filing for bankruptcy can be a very emotional time for you and your family. You should feel secure with the Kenosha bankruptcy attorney handling your case. Trust your feelings.
5. Don’t Wait. You should begin your search for an experienced and compatible Kenosha bankruptcy attorney as soon as you realize you are in financial trouble. Spreading yourself thin does nothing to help you. Neither does robbing Peter to pay Paul. Instead, use the money for the bankruptcy filing and stop the collections, letters, phone calls, and stress. It’s a win-win for everyone involved. You get a fresh start and the creditor gets a tax write-off.
At Wynn at Law, LLC, 90% of our practice is creditor-debtor. We have a law office located in downtown Lake Geneva, Wisconsin and an office right next to the bankruptcy court in Salem (Kenosha), Wisconsin. You can also rest assured you will not be surprised by any hidden fees. We offer a free initial consultation. Give us a call and speak with our Kenosha bankruptcy attorney at 262-725-0175. You can also reach us via our Kenosha bankruptcy law firm’s contact page.
*The content and material on this web page is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.
Photo by Flickr Creative Commons Christopher Michel